Glorb Internet Services Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GLORB INTERNET SERVICES
SERVICES CAREFULLY BEFORE OPENING AN ACCOUNT WITH GLORB INTERNET SERVICES OR CONTINUING
TO USE GLORB INTERNET SERVICES SERVICES. BY USING GLORB INTERNET SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND
BY BOTH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THESE GUIDELINES (COLLECTIVELY "THIS AGREEMENT" OR "THE
AGREEMENT"). GLORB INTERNET SERVICES MAY TERMINATE ITS SERVICES TO YOU IF IT FEELS THAT YOU HAVE
FAILED TO COMPLY WITH EITHER THESE GUIDELINES OR THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO
BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY END YOUR USE OF GLORB INTERNET SERVICES AND
GLORB INTERNET SERVICES SOFTWARE AND NOTIFY THE GLORB INTERNET SERVICES CUSTOMER SERVICE
DEPARTMENT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU SHOULD RETURN OR DESTROY ALL COPIES OF SOFTWARE
PROVIDED BY GLORB INTERNET SERVICES INCLUDING THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY GLORB
GLORB INTERNET SERVICES MAY CHANGE THESE GUIDELINES AND/OR THE TERMS OF SERVICE AT ANY
TIME. SUCH CHANGES AND THEIR EFFECTIVE DATE WILL BE POSTED ON THE GLORB INTERNET SERVICES
WEB SITE OR BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION BY APPROPRIATE MEANS. YOU AGREE TO
REVIEW THESE GUIDELINES AND THE TERMS OF SERVICE PERIODICALLY, AND IF
ANY CHANGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU AGREE TO TERMINATE YOUR
SUBSCRIPTION OR AUTHORIZED USE BY NOTIFYING THE GLORB INTERNET SERVICES CUSTOMER SERVICE
DEPARTMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF GLORB INTERNET SERVICES AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF ANY SUCH CHANGE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE CHANGES.
"SERVICES" REFERS TO ALL SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH
GLORB INTERNET SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INTERNET ACCESS AND THE LICENSING
OF GLORB INTERNET SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
A. The Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") was designed with several factors,
principles and objectives in mind:
- To promote the responsible use of the
- To ensure the privacy and security of
individuals, customer entities and Glorb Internet Services's networks;
- To maintain a reputation of being a responsible provider of
B. The AUP also keeps several factors in mind:
- Glorb Internet Services will protect
individuals' ability to freely express themselves.
- Glorb Internet Services encourages the
responsible use of Internet resources.
- In order for Glorb Internet Services to comply with applicable laws, including
without limitation the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2701 et seq., to
comply with appropriate government requests, to operate Glorb Internet Services's systems
properly, or to protect Glorb Internet Services or its customers, Glorb Internet Services
may access and disclose any information, including without limitation the user names of
account-holders, the contents of any personal electronic communications passing through its
network, and any other information it considers necessary or appropriate. Glorb Internet
Services will cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected
lawbreakers. Glorb Internet Services reserves the right to report to law enforcement any
suspected illegal activity of which it becomes aware.
C. Glorb Internet Services provides to business and consumer users several
information technology related services including such service as
Internet access, various electronic mail (e-mail) packages and
services, World Wide Web web-site hosting arrangements, and other
online and Internet-related services and equipment. It is contrary
to Glorb Internet Services policy for any user of any of these services to
participate in any of the following activities through a Glorb Internet Services
D. Nothing contained in this policy shall be
constructed to limit Glorb Internet Services's actions or remedies in any way
with respect to any of the foregoing activities. Glorb Internet Services
reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem
appropriate with respect to such activities, including but not limited to taking
action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing
them from the Glorb Internet Services service, and levying cancellation charges
to cover Glorb Internet Services's costs in the event of disconnection of
dedicated access for the causes outlined below. In addition, Glorb Internet
Services reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with
respect to such activities as law or in equity.
E. All users will be bound to this AUP, and any changes made from time
A. If Glorb Internet Services receives a complaint or otherwise becomes aware of any
possible violation of these Guidelines or the Terms and Conditions,
Glorb Internet Services may, in its sole discretion, initiate an investigation.
This investigation may include gathering information from and about
account holders and examining the content of personal electronic
communications, Web host pages or Glorb Internet Services Personal Pages on
Glorb Internet Services's servers. During any investigation Glorb Internet Services may suspend
services to any customer being investigated and/or remove the
material from its servers. You agree to cooperate with any such
B. If Glorb Internet Services determines, in its sole discretion, that a violation of
these Guidelines or the Terms and Conditions has occurred, Glorb Internet Services
may, but will not be obligated to take any or all of the following
actions: temporarily or permanently remove material from Glorb Internet Services
servers, discontinue access to Usenet newsgroups, cancel newsgroup
postings, move posts to a more appropriate forum (if any), warn
the account holder(s) involved, remove e-mail sent by you, suspend
or terminate account(s), remove or deny access to your Web host
page(s) or Glorb Internet Services Personal Web page(s) on Glorb Internet Services's servers, and
take other responsive action at any time and for any reason.
Violations of these Guidelines could also subject you to criminal
or civil liability including monetary damages.
C. Upon the first verifiable violation of one of these policies (one
or more formal complaints), Glorb Internet Services will issue a warning via e-mail
and will contact Customer and outline the sections in violation
D. Upon the second verifiable violation, Glorb Internet Services will issue a second
warning via email and will contact the Customer and outline the
sections violation verbally. Customer must submit in writing an
agreement to cease and desist activities which are in violation of
the AUP. Customer must notify Glorb Internet Services in writing of intended
action to remedy the situation no later than:
- 5:00PM EDT of the same business day if
notice was sent before noon of that same day.
- 12:00PM EDT of the next business day if notice was sent after
12:00PM EDT on day of notice.
Failure to submit notice will result in
suspension of Customer's service until agreement has been made.
E. Upon the third violation, Glorb Internet Services will terminate
Non-enforcement of any section in this AUP does not constitute
consent, and Glorb Internet Services reserves the right to enforce this AUP at its own
A. NETWORK SECURITY
- Users are prohibited from entering,
attempting to enter or otherwise circumventing systems without authorization.
This includes but is not limited to techniques such as port scanning, packet
sniffing, vulnerability testing and password cracking.
- Users may not, under any circumstances, attempt to
interfere with the normal operation of another network. Such actions could
result in a "Denial of Service" attack, which carry civil as well as criminal
liabilities. This includes techniques such as ping-flooding, crash "packet
sequences", "smurfing", and other means of compromising a host or network.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency or size of messages, is
- Users may not send e-mail to any person or entity who does not wish to
receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail, the user must stop
sending that person or entity any more e-mail.
- Users are EXPLICITLY PROHIBITED from sending unsolicited "bulk" messages
("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes bulk-mailing of commercial advertising,
informational and political announcements. Such material may only be sent to
those who have explicitly requested it.
- Users may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters.
- Malicious e-mail, including "mail bombing", is prohibited.
- Falsification of user information provided to Glorb Internet Services, its
agents, or to other users of the service, in connection with use of a Glorb
Internet Services service is prohibited.
- Glorb Internet Services accounts and services may not be used to collect
replies to messages sent from another service provider, where the messages
violate this AUP or the AUP of the other provider.
- Posting ten (10) or more messages similar in content to mailing lists or
persons is prohibited.
- Users may not send unsolicited e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25)
e-mail users, if such unsolicited e-mailings could reasonably be expected to
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another
provider, but channeling such activities through a Glorb Internet Services
account, a.k.a. re-mailing, or otherwise through a Glorb Internet Services
service or using a Glorb Internet Services account as a mail-drop for
responses or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose
of facilitating the foregoing activities if such use of another party's
service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect a Glorb Internet
- Mailbox sizes are limited to ten (10) mega-bytes; if the user
exceeds ten megabytes then they will be billed $.50 per mega-byte after their initial
10, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Glorb Internet Services provides an "uncensored" news feed. Glorb
Internet Services does not control the content of the newsgroups available to customers,
via NNTP (news "feed" service) or NNRP (news "read" service). Glorb Internet Services is not
responsible for the content of any USENET posting, even if the post was made by a Glorb Internet
- Postings to USENET groups must comply with the written charters or FAQs for
newsgroups. Advertisements should only be posted in groups whose charters/FAQs to explicitly
grant them permission.
- Users are prohibited from posting the same or similar message to large numbers
of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "USENET spam").
- Users are prohibited from posting chain letters of any type.
- Users are prohibited from posting binary files to newsgroups not
specifically named for that purpose.
- Users are prohibited from canceling or superseding posts other
than their own, with the exception of official newsgroup
moderators performing their duties.
- Users are prohibited from forging header information. This
includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for
posting to a moderated newsgroup.
- A customer may not solicit mail for any other address other than
that of the customer's account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies after
their service has been terminated.
- Glorb Internet Services is not liable for the content of any communications made
on IRC. The Glorb Internet Services IRC service is a free, value-added service for Glorb
Internet Services customers, and the terms of its operation are subject to change. Glorb
Internet Services reserves the right to ban from its IRC server any user whose conduct is
(in Glorb Internet Services's sole judgment) disruptive.
- IRC robots ("bots" or "clones") may not be operated from Glorb Internet Services
shell accounts or on the Glorb Internet Services IRC server.
- Users may not attempt to impersonate others or may they use IRC
anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
- Users are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that
interfere with or deny service to other users on any server or host. Users are also prohibited
from engaging in activities which harass other users. This includes, but is not limited to,
"flooding" (rapidly entering text with the intent to fill the screens of others), "flashing"
(disrupting terminal emulation), "takeovers" (forcibly seizing operator privileges), attempting
to send private messages to those who do not wish to see them (via "ignore"), attempting
to return to a channel after being banned from it, and other disruptive behaviors.
Glorb Internet Services provides end users and resellers ("User") with dialup analog and ISDN access. The following are the terms and conditions associated with such access.
- Access is provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
- The use of Glorb Internet Services's servers may be revoked at any time for abusive conduct.
Glorb Internet Services will be the sole arbiter in determining what is abusive conduct.
- Glorb Internet Services does not warrant that the functions of the system will meet
any specific requirements you may have, or that it will be error free or uninterrupted.
- Glorb Internet Services will not be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or
consequential damages sustained or incurred in connection with the use, operation, or
inability to use the system.
- e. Users will be permitted to dial in with any single-channel protocol supported.
2 channel accounts are provided for an extra fee.
- f. Users will not share there passwords, or any account information, multiple logins
from the same accounts will be billed as 2 separate accounts.
F. ACCOUNT SECURITY
- The user is responsible for all of their own account(s) and
confidentiality of password(s). Glorb Internet Services will suspend access to account(s)
if Glorb Internet Services believes the security of the account(s) is compromised.
G. LOGIN PROCEDURE
- Glorb Internet Services reserves the right to change, without notice,
Glorb Internet Services's service, including but not limited to, access or dial-in procedures,
commands, documentation, vendors and/or services offered.
- Due to conditions beyond our control, users may not always connect at full
bandwidth (28.8, 33.6, etc.). All facilities come into Glorb Internet Services at a digital
level: there is no problem or loss at our end. If a User consistently connects at
unacceptable speeds, it is the User's responsibility to contact their telephone company.
- User is responsible for all telephone charges associated with connecting.
H. Bill Payment
- All payments should be postmarked by the 15th of each month; if not
postmarked by the 15th, a 3% late charge for the month be added to your bill.
- If client does not pay all fees for products or services from Glorb
Internet Services client agrees to pay a collection fee of $35. Glorb Internet Services
reserves the right to refer unpaid balances on clients accounts to a collection agency.
- The AUP may be found at
- A list of ways to contact Glorb Internet Services is
available at http://www.glorb.com/contact.php
- The Electronic Communications Privacy Act can be found at